IT’S known for its buzzing food scene and is home to a Michelin star, so when the prime minister of the country visited Ronda with his family, you would have thought he would pay successful local eateries a visit.
Not so for Mariano Rajoy, who opted for greasy McDonalds on Plaza de España instead, where he posed for photos with fellow fast food lovers.
Confirming his quest for a Big Mac wasn’t an ‘I’m just like you’ photo opportunity, he was later spotted at 100Montaditos, a fast food tapas joint.
One boss of Quercus restaurant in nearby Jimera told the Olive Press: “The guy is a disgrace – all those fantastic local restaurants and ingredients and he goes to McDonald’s!
“The prime minister of this country – shows how much he cares about good local organic food and businesses. Some support. Shocking.”
Rajoy was visiting the Malaga town with family and stayed at the Parador de Ronda on the Tagus river.
He also held a meeting with party leaders in Ronda before returning to Madrid.
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15