MARIANO Rajoy’s press secretary has been caught saying how she would like to tell protesting pensioners ‘f**k you’.
Carmen Martinez Castro is facing calls to resign after her lewd comments were picked up by a microphone.
She told a party aide: “How I would like to show them the finger and say f*** you.”
Prime minister Rajoy had been attending a meeting in Alicante on Saturday at which pensioners were protesting.
Pensioners have staged a series of large demonstrations across Spain in recent weeks demanding a rise in state payments.
José Luís Ábalos, a Socialist MP, said her comments ‘showed a lack of respect to pensioners’.
Castro said she had been joking.
“The best I can do is not explain because that makes no sense but to apologise,” she said during a radio interview.
Castro has been Rajoy’s communications and PR guru since 2011.
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15