Emerging from the shadows of ever-popular Marbella, a remarkable transformation has taken place under the leadership of Mayor José García Urbano.
From a sleepy, Andalucian seaside town, Estepona has been revitalised and is seeing a surge of inward investment.
Constituting part of the Golden Triangle, an area encompassing Marbella, Benahavís and Estepona, the town has, however, lost none of the authentic appeal for which it is known.
One of the mayor’s grand initiatives, The Garden of the Costa del Sol, serves to enhance its charm with roadside flowers and shrubs in bloom all year round, the walls of the historic town festooned with painted polka-dot pots, large-scale murals and porcelain plaques of poetry.
Estepona is now also gaining a following among the wellheeled, who seek out the best, and it is now registering on the gastro-maps of foodies who once remained firmly within the borders of the Marbella municipality.
The Kempinski Hotel’s recently revamped restaurants and inspiring tapas bars that are appearing in the town centre, as well as the much-anticipated gastro-market, have set the town firmly in the sights of gourmands with a desire to try something new.
Building for the future Beneath the cosmetic and culinary improvements, however, lies a serious desire to improve the local infrastructure, attested to by the soon-to-be-completed district hospital.
Due to open in December 2018, this €15 million project affirms the commitment of the town hall and the Junta de Andalucía to the improvement of the area.
Such modernisation, coupled with a town-planning department that is quick and receptive to the needs of property developers, has proved attractive to investors capitalising on a healthy real estate market.
Marbella is as popular as ever, yet a select offering of luxury developments is raising Estepona’s profile among a wealthier clientele.
Also worthy of mention is the recently completed luxurious apartments of Les Rivages and Doncella Beach located close to Playa del Cristo to the west of Estepona.
Also located in the west end is the The Island, a project of unique townhouses with the qualities of the most luxurious of single homes –situated on a privileged vantage point just metres from the beachfront.
Owners are swathed in a luxury lifestyle from the minute they enter the lavishly landscaped environment, relaxing in the on-site spa or within their spacious homes constructed to the highest of standards with top quality materials.
Recently launched, Darya, a project from the same developer, offers luxury living in a landmark building within an unrivalled seafront setting situated in the heart of the town centre.
Several top class developments are breaking boundaries in the Estepona area, using the best and brightest architects and designers in their arena, and we are delighted to see that their efforts are being rewarded, with a new wave of luxury clientele bringing a boost to the local economy.
Long may it continue!
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33
- Two Andalucia villages make it onto list of Spain’s seven rural wonders - 30 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00