A BULGARIAN expat who brutally stabbed his mother to death after torturing her cats is being kept in a psychiatric ward on the Costa del Sol.
She died on Sunday after her 38-year-old son allegedly stabbed her 13 times on Calle Isla Finca in Fuengirola.
The incident occurred around 1pm, reported Diario Sur.
It is unclear whether the woman died at the scene of the crime or later in hospital.
After the man was detained the Policia Nacional discovered two dismembered dead cats, which he killed before his mother and are thought to have belonged to her.
The expat reportedly has a mental illness.
He appeared before a judge on Wednesday and was ordered to be placed under supervision in a Costa del Sol hospital.
The accused will remain there until he is stable enough to speak to investigators about the incident.
Until he is able to face questioning the motives behind the incident remain unclear.
The investigation continues.
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25
- EXCLUSIVE: World’s first carnivore retreat is coming to Spain’s Andalucia - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- EXCLUSIVE: Seriously ill Brit spent Christmas and New Year locked up with terrorists in southern Spain and has STILL not been charged with crime - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 10:01
- Extreme-right party Vox ‘will not support’ Partido Popular and Ciudadanos in Andalucia government unless gender violence law revoked - 3 Jan, 2019 @ 18:55