A TOURIST has been ‘gassed to death’ at a hotel in Andalucia.
Gulnur Kiyamova, 31, died while holidaying in Almeria when the heating system leaked.
The Russian was staying at a tourist complex in Roquetas de Mar.
More than 80 guests were evacuated from Calle Mar Egeo at around 4pm on May 5.
Emergency services found the body of Kiyamova and an unnamed man.
It is believed she had been asleep and was overcome by the gas fumes.
A Russian source in Spain told the Sun: “An autopsy has been carried out and gas poisoning was the reason for her death.”
Her sister Irina said: “We heard on TV news that there had been an emergency in a hotel in Spain.
“Gulnur was not answering her phone and we found the number and called the reception.
“They told us she had been gassed to death after a terrible accident.”
A criminal investigation has been launched.
The family cannot afford the €11,000 bill to repatriate the victim’s body.
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06