WHAT is the matter with my owners? Why don’t they understand all of the complicated thoughts that go on in a dog’s head?
They’re not bad on the food front to be fair, they do get the idea that I love going out for walks and they are quite good at playing with my toys.
However like many a dog loud noises frighten me – and this week has seen the local feria in our village of Benaoján.
If you have ever experienced a small village celebration you will probably be familiar with the concept of ‘cohetes’ – rockets that are fired high into the sky where they explode with a loud bang.
I am terrified of them and if they are around they will give me a hug and scratch my ears which helps to minimize the shock I feel.
I still tremble a lot but reassurance that all is not a disaster will minimize this.
The problem happens when they are out. When I am left alone I do not know what to do with myself so usually just pace around. That is not great but it’s Ok if I can get outside.
This past week one evening they closed the front doors and left me inside.
I got so anxious to be with them that I decided the way to do that was to bite my way through the wooden door frame. I suppose with hindsight I shouldn’t have chewed both doors. I only destroyed a little bit, honest but I was upset.
How was I to know that the doors were new and, according to them, very expensive?
I heard them talking about it – they’re going to have to get a carpenter in especially to repair them. They were very sympathetic with me actually and didn’t tell me off because they know how scared I get.
It won’t happen again as long as they take me with them when there are bangers going off – or when there are thunderstorms. Promise.
- I’m in Trouble… writes Eddie the Hotel dog - 12 May, 2018 @ 15:23
- It’s been an eventful week for the Molino del Santo’s resident dog - 13 Apr, 2018 @ 12:00
- Bedding down for winter - 21 Nov, 2015 @ 09:41
- Winter walkies - 3 Nov, 2015 @ 09:06
- Toy boy - 23 Oct, 2015 @ 15:30
- Dog days - 1 Oct, 2015 @ 14:32
- Eddie the Hotel Dog ponders beach etiquette - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 15:11
- A tail of two traumas - 25 Aug, 2015 @ 10:00
- Boys’ toys - 14 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Paella passion - 24 Jul, 2015 @ 16:33