THE man who was gunned down after leaving his daughter’s communion was the owner of a beach club which was burned to the ground last month.
According to Marbella Confidencial, David Avila Ramos, 36, was shot four times in his car in a drive-by shooting which has shocked the seaside town of San Pedro de Alcantara in Marbella.
It came a month after his chiringuito, Heaven Beach, was burned to the ground.
Investigators believe the burning of the club was most likely a warning for him to pay back a debt.
The businessman, who also owns a gym and is known as ‘el Maradona’, was shot four times at around 1.50pm on Saturday.
Witnesses say two men on a motorbike pulled up to his car as one of them shot him in the driver’s seat.
His wife and two children witnessed their father being assassinated at point blank range.
According to witnesses they ran back into the church screaming for help.
The victim was transferred with serious injuries to the Costa del Sol Hospital where doctors could not save him.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15