TWO 13-year-old boys have died during school trips in Andalucia.
One of the teenagers disappeared in a nature area in Cordoba, while the other drowned in Cadiz.
Policia Local found the body of a 13-year-old boy close to the Baños de Popea de Cordoba.
He had been on a school trip with classmates from the Colonial IES of Fuente Palmera school when he disappeared yesterday.
At around 8.30pm his teachers reported him missing to the Seguridad Ciudadana and local Seprona units.
Officials from the underwater Guardia Civil unit took part in the search in the area which is full of waterfalls and backwaters.
Another 13-year-old boy drowned on Tuesday at Valdelagrana beach in El Puerto de Santa Maria in Cadiz.
The minor was also on a school trip with classmates from the Instituto de Educación Secundaria (IES) ‘San Pablo’ in Sevilla, when authorities were called at around 1.10pm.
Police reported that the boy was pulled out of the water after nearby swimmers tried to revive him.
- Madrid bans old cars from city centre in CRACKDOWN on pollution - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Banksy gets ‘Banksied’ as gallery in Spain exhibits art without his permission - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00
- Spain to banish 5000 pigeons from Cadiz for menacing tourists - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Brits to pay €7 to travel to EU countries after Brexit - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 17:58
- Why a ‘new’ British vegan milk has outraged Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 17:37
- Let’s talk mental health: Why teenage suicide in UK and Spain is on the rise and what parents can do to help - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Spain SLAMMED by US official for making ‘no effort’ to return Nazi-looted art from WW2 - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- British government accused of not protecting expats and EU citizens’ rights as no-deal Brexit ‘still a possibility’ - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:07
- Desperate wife of British expat who mysteriously vanished from Costa del Sol FOUR days ago reveals more details as search continues - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 12:41
- Taxi driver who raped British tourist on Costa del Sol sentenced to seven years in prison - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 11:38