The Spanish Civil Guard has stated that the teens from Majorca aged from 18 years old are targeting tourists who appear intoxicated.
They have been spotted in smaller groups of five or six and are scoping the popular bars and clubs on a Friday and Saturday night, specifically targeting the popular Punta Ballena strip.
The gangs are approaching tourists and attempting to steal jewellery, bags & wallets and physically attacking anyone that resists.
Although there are a number of incidences similar during previous summers, the increase this year has been described as a “new phenomenon”.
Locals have been urging the authorities to take more strict action with patrols and heavier fines.
Anyone heading to the popular party town of Magaluf in Majorca has been given warnings to keep vigilant.
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33