THREE more victims of ‘lethal’ drug Nolotil have revealed how they have suffered after taking the UK-banned painkiller.
It comes just weeks before a health campaigner is set to take her findings to a meeting with Spain’s top medication governing body, Agencia Española de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios, in Madrid next month.
In the last week alone three new victims have approached the Olive Press with their cases, which will all be included in the high level meeting.
Brit, Adrian Bark, 55, revealed how he developed agranulocitosis – which kills almost all white blood cells – after taking Nolotil for five months for back pain in 2010.
The Axarquia-based expat, who moved to the Costa del Sol 15 years ago, was rushed to Hospital de la comarca Torre del Mar with a ‘raging fever’ and rapidly receding gums in 2010.
He was kept in a glass isolation booth for two weeks to avoid catching infections.
“Thankfully I wasn’t aware at the time of the possible severity… I consider myself very lucky to have got through it,” he added.
Scottish victim, Joan Judge, 67, explained how she had fingers and parts of her feet amputated after being ‘diagnosed with sepsis due to a catastrophic reaction to Nolotil’ in 2013.
The San Pedro-based expat only took Nolotil for a few days for pain relief until she was admitted to the Hospital Clinico in Malaga.
She said: “The amputations resulted from gangrene. As far as I understand sepsis causes a drastic drop in blood pressure which prevents the normal blood supply to the extremities of your body.
“Thankfully I survived and although I’m missing fingers and more than half of both my feet I can tell the tale.”
As a final push for regulation, legal and medical translator Cristina Garcia del Campo is still urging expats and holidaymakers to come forward before June 29 if they suffered side effects from the drug.
Anyone who has been affected by Nolotil is urged to contact Cristina before June 29, by filling out a form available to download at https://jumpshare.com/v/yuhCtW9SYF0ws7hRQgdU and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact email@example.com
- Meet the British expat stars of Channel 5’s new hit show ‘Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun’ - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 11:00
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25
- EXCLUSIVE: World’s first carnivore retreat is coming to Spain’s Andalucia - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00