Spokesperson for the weather agency Ana Casals said there is ‘no strong climatological signal’ to suggest heat waves or higher temperatures than in previous years.
Another AEMET spokeswoman, Delia Gutiérrez, added: “This summer the forecast is not showing a clear signal, unlike other years when there were signs of a very hot summer ahead.”
Only Catalunya, Valencia and the Balearics are expected to be warmer than usual in the coming months.
There is also, to date, no indication of any impending heatwave.
Last summer was one of the hottest on record, with five heatwaves and temperatures soaring above 40C.
Cordoba in Andalucia reached 46.9C on July 13.
Since 1975 there have only been 10 summers without heatwaves, most recently in 2014, 2010, 2002 and 2000.
The mild prediction comes after the wettest spring in Spain since 1965.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15