A DASH of West End panache, a slice of Broadway dramatics and a sprinkle of Hollywood stardust is landing in Sotogrande on July 7.
A wonderful mix of dance, singing and showbiz will bring alive the Santa Maria Polo Club for the charity gala arranged by the Arturo Darch Foundation, raising money for the Josep Carreras Foundation in the fight against leukaemia.
The second annual gala is based around the musical extravaganza From Broadway to Hollywood, a 1933 film starring Mickey Rooney and Jackie Cooper and many other stars of the time.
As well as champagne and good music, there will be fine food, cocktails, raffles and an after part, which goes on into the night.
“It is going to be one hell of a party,” explains organiser Patricia Darch, whose interior design company has been a major fixture on the coast for over three decades.
“There are plenty of big West End performers joining the night and there will be lots of surprises.”
The entrance to the event, attended by Andalucia and Gibraltar’s leading captains of industry, costs €250 a head, with a table reservation costing €3000.
But every single euro is invested into the noble cause, the eradication of leukaemia.
The foundation has been around for more than 30 years with one single aim: To exterminate the disease.
They currently manage the official bone marrow donors registry in Spain, REDMO, and they even created the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute, focused exclusively on the treatment of the sickness.
For more information visit www.annualcharitygalasotogrande.com
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00