AN influx of immigrants has helped Spain’s population grow for the second year in a row.
The number of people in Spain increased by 132,263 to 46.66 million on January 1 of this year.
Meanwhile, the net number of migrants arriving increased by 146,604.
It comes after almost half a million people arrived last year, the largest migrant influx in 10 years.
The figures come as Europe grapples with a rising influx of migrants, mostly from north Africa and war-torn countries such as Syria.
Sixteen EU leaders met for emergency talks in Brussels on Sunday to find a ‘European solution’ to the issue.
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36
- Learn the slopes with Sierra Nevada’s dedicated English ski school - 31 Dec, 2018 @ 13:33
- Two Andalucia villages make it onto list of Spain’s seven rural wonders - 30 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00