A SPLASH of floral blue and soft pinks have created one of the island’s hippest suites.
Designed by British fashion designer Matthew Williamson, Suite 67, at Deia’s Belmont La Residencia hotel, also includes various retro touches and antique furniture.
The poolside suite conversion comes after the Manchester designer moved to the village having bought and renovated a house there.
The designer, who is popular with stars including Anna Wintour and Sienna Miller, has moved into the interiors market and recently finished renovating the courtyard of London’s hip Blakes Hotel.
But Mallorca has become his permanent home.
“I fell in love with Deià the first moment I arrived. I’d enjoyed a scenic drive up into the mountains and through the pretty town of Valdemossa,” he recently explained.
“Deià is such a hidden gem and I really felt it was a place I wanted to explore more.”
Williamson, who is known for his vibrant patterns and colours, is expected to undertake more work around the island.
“For Suite 67 I’ve taken inspiration from the hotel’s rich history, the local architecture and scenery, and worked with nearby craftspeople and artists,” the designer continued.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15