A RUSSIAN guitarist has died from a flesh-eating disease after making fellow passengers vomit on a flight from Spain to Amsterdam.
Andrey Suchilin made headlines around the world in May when his Transavia flight from Canary Islands was forced to make an emergency landing.
It came after fellow passengers began fainting and vomiting due to his ‘unbearably’ bad smell.
It was believed Suchilin simply had poor hygiene, but it has transpired that he was suffering from a serious bacterial infection – necrosis – that caused part of his body to die.
His flesh was literally rotting away, explaining why travellers described the smell as ‘worse than a rotting corpse’.
He had been taken straight to hospital where medics confirmed he was suffering from gangrene, a form of necrosis, or premature tissue death, caused by a lack of blood and oxygen to the tissue.
Medics believe he had begun to suffer from the condition while on holiday in Spain.
Belgian passenger Piet van Haut said: “It was like he hadn’t washed himself for several weeks. Several passengers got sick and had to vomit.”
Unwitting staff on the Transavia flight reportedly tried to quarantine him in a toilet of the Boeing 737 before the pilots decided to divert the flight.
They landed in Faro, Portugal, so Suchilin could be removed.
A Transavia spokesman confirmed at the time that ‘the aeroplane diverted because of medical reasons, but it is indeed right that he smelled quite a bit’.
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47