It comes days after he was forced to hand over his documents as a condition for being released from prison.
Antonio Guerrero, the Guardia Civil officer among the convicted, tried to get the new travel documents on Monday, it was revealed today.
The group of five, from Sevilla, were cleared of rape after a trial which attracted widespread condemnation from women’s groups.
The friends joked about the 2016 attack in a Whatsapp group called ‘The Wolf Pack’.
They stood accused of raping an 18-year-old girl at the Pamplona running of the bulls festival, but were charged with the lesser sexual abuse.
The result stoked an intense national debate and inspired a spate of protests.
They were freed on bail last week after almost two years in jail, prompting more protests across the country.
“A member of #TheWolfPack caught trying to get a passport … while a ban on leaving Spanish soil has been imposed by a court,” Policia Nacional wrote on Twitter above an image of cartoon law enforcer Batman shaking his head and wagging his finger.
— Policía Nacional (@policia) June 28, 2018
Judges in Navarra defended releasing the group, saying the risk of them trying to flee would be limited by several conditions, including reporting to police three times a week and relinquishing their passports.
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15