FOOD lovers rejoice, a brand new gourmet gastro-market has officially opened on the Costa del Sol.
Estepona’s up-market Mercado Gourmet de San Luis opened its doors on Wednesday and is set to put the beach-side town on the Costa foodie map, offering products like prestigious ‘Amelie’ oysters, the finest jamon Iberico and an area dedicated to Japanese cuisine.
Housed in the town’s former market hall, the building has been transformed into a gourmet emporium with restaurants, cocktail and beer bars, a cafe, a wine shop and a spacious terrace on Villa Street, with a ‘chill-out’ zone.
Extra reinforcement work meant the budget to refurbish the old building rose from €600,000 to €1.6 million.
It is expected to create around 75 jobs.
Correction: A previous version of this article said the budget rose from €60,000 to €1.6 million
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25
- EXCLUSIVE: World’s first carnivore retreat is coming to Spain’s Andalucia - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- EXCLUSIVE: Seriously ill Brit spent Christmas and New Year locked up with terrorists in southern Spain and has STILL not been charged with crime - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 10:01
- Extreme-right party Vox ‘will not support’ Partido Popular and Ciudadanos in Andalucia government unless gender violence law revoked - 3 Jan, 2019 @ 18:55