HE’S been keeping a low profile since he ended his eight-year term as US President, but keep your eyes peeled for Barack Obama this weekend.
According to sources close to the Olive Press, the 56-year-old could be taking a well-earned break in Mallorca starting this Saturday.
The 44th president of the United States is already in Spain to attend an economic conference in Madrid, before jetting off to Porto to speak at a climate change summit on Friday.
“He’s in Madrid on Friday morning, then flies to Portugal, before returning to Madrid,” said the high-level political source.
“He then heads to Mallorca after that, but I can’t tell you any more,” he added.
It is thought he will be joined by wife Michelle for some well earned R&R in the sunny Balearics next week.
It comes after Michelle promised to return with her husband and family, after a short break in Mallorca last summer.
She has twice had holidays on the island as friends of the former US Ambassador to Spain, James Costos.
Obama and wife Michelle are also believed to have been at the wedding of tech tycoon Elon Musk’s brother in Girona last weekend.
Obama, who has a close relationship with the Spanish royal family, first fell in love with the country after enjoying a backpacking tour when he was just a teenager.
“I didn’t come in the Air Force One, I was young, carrying just a backpack and I went trekking around the country eating cheap food,” he fondly recalled during one of his last presidential visits to Spain in 2016.
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25
- EXCLUSIVE: World’s first carnivore retreat is coming to Spain’s Andalucia - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- EXCLUSIVE: Seriously ill Brit spent Christmas and New Year locked up with terrorists in southern Spain and has STILL not been charged with crime - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 10:01
- Extreme-right party Vox ‘will not support’ Partido Popular and Ciudadanos in Andalucia government unless gender violence law revoked - 3 Jan, 2019 @ 18:55