A MANHUNT is underway after a Brit was shot in the buttocks in Spain last night.
The holidaymaker is recovering in hospital after reportedly being caught in the crossfire between a ‘gangland shootout’.
Two other men, both of Arab origin, were also shot at the nightclub in Benidorm.
The 42-year-old Brit suffered superficial wounds to his bottom that may have been from a ricochet bullet.
The shocking shootout took place at around 11pm outside the Hippodrome Disco Club in Little England.
Police are looking for four men.
A source told the Sun: “He (the Brit) was here temporarily and had planned to fly back home on Saturday and we think at this stage he is simply a tourist who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
“Witnesses have not said there was a row or fight prior to the shooting.
“One of the theories we are looking at is this was a settling of scores linked to drug dealing.”
The getaway car is believed to be foreign-plated.
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16
- MEASLES breakouts on rise in Spain and Europe as fewer get vaccinated - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Can Real Madrid still win the La Liga – Champions League double - 2 Jan, 2019 @ 10:06
- Rio Sport is at the very peak of ski technology in the Sierra Nevada - 1 Jan, 2019 @ 13:36