THIS is the moment an alleged drug trafficker makes a run for it after crashing his boat on a Costa del Sol beach.
The clip shows the alleged smuggler wash up on shore after being chased out of the water by a low-flying police helicopter.
The dramatic video was taken today on a beach in Sabinillas at around 6pm.
Beachgoers can be seen watching in disbelief as the high speed chase unfolds just metres in front of them.
It is believed two boats were intercepted during what was believed to be a drug drop off.
Police believe the boats were heading to La Duquesa port.
It comes after months of tension between drug smuggling gangs and the authorities in the Campo de Gibraltar and nearby town of La Linea.
The suspected trafficker was arrested within minutes of making a run for it.
He is believed to be local to Sabinillas.
More to follow..
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50
- British favourite Primark WILL be able to open in Marbella after five year battle - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 11:53
- Earthquake rocks residents in Spain’s Andalucia - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 17:03