THIS is the moment a one-eyed matador was brutally scalped during a bullfight in northern Spain.
Credit: Ricardo Calderón Limón
Juan Jose Padilla, who lost one eye during a bullfight seven years ago, needed a staggering 40 stitches after the bull ripped off a section of his scalp.
The shocking footage shows the 45-year-old, dressed in sequinned gold clothing, trip over before the bull gorges him with its horns and rolls him over.
An assistant quickly helps Padilla stand up while he clutches his head in pain.
Another matador races to the ring to distract the bull away from Padilla as he escapes.
Medics treating Padilla said he was lucky to be alive and is recovering well.
The Jerez-born Spaniard was fighting in front of a packed audience in the town of Arevalo, in Castilla y Leon.
Despite the attack, which tore off around 20 cm of his scalp, Padilla, who is well-known for his flamboyant matador suits, is determined to get back in the ring for his last ever performance this Friday, July 13.
It comes as Pamplona celebrates its 5th day of San Fermin – the running of the bulls festival – with at least five participants reportedly injured.
- Meet the British expat stars of Channel 5’s new hit show ‘Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun’ - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 11:00
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25
- EXCLUSIVE: World’s first carnivore retreat is coming to Spain’s Andalucia - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00