A 14-YEAR-OLD Irish boy is in a critical condition after falling from a hotel balcony in Mallorca.
The young teen, whose identity has not been revealed, was rushed to hospital after plunging around 20 feet from a balcony at the Eix Lagotel holiday complex in Playa de Muro, reported the Irish Mirror.
Police revealed the mum was desperately holding onto her son as he dangled from the second floor but she tragically lost her grip.
The incident occurred just after midnight on Wednesday morning.
Guardia Civil officers believe the tragic fall was likely to be a ‘freak accident’ but it is still under investigation.
It is believed the boy is now in a ‘critical’ condition in intensive care at Son Dureta Hospital in Palma.
Sources told the Irish Mirror: “Ambulance workers called to the scene diagnosed a perforated lung and a head injury.”
The teen was reportedly conscious when he was taken to hospital.
- Spain to banish 5000 pigeons from Cadiz for menacing tourists - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Brits to pay €7 to travel to EU countries after Brexit - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 17:58
- Why a ‘new’ British vegan milk has outraged Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 17:37
- Let’s talk mental health: Why teenage suicide in UK and Spain is on the rise and what parents can do to help - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Spain SLAMMED by US official for making ‘no effort’ to return Nazi-looted art from WW2 - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- British government accused of not protecting expats and EU citizens’ rights as no-deal Brexit ‘still a possibility’ - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:07
- Desperate wife of British expat who mysteriously vanished from Costa del Sol FOUR days ago reveals more details as search continues - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 12:41
- Taxi driver who raped British tourist on Costa del Sol sentenced to seven years in prison - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 11:38
- MISSING: Fears for British expat who disappeared from Spain’s Costa del Sol two days ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 12:32
- BREAKING: Body found in search for missing British expat in Spain - 4 Dec, 2018 @ 14:35