THE Son of Pablo Picasso has pleaded for museums to ‘stop producing so many exhibitions’ featuring his father’s work.
The Malaga maestro’s pieces are all over the world: from London to the US and Morocco, but now critics too, have warned he is becoming ‘over exposed’.
France has no less than 21 exhibitions this year alone, while Spain is expected to have up to a dozen or more at his various official museums here.
“It’s not a wave of Picasso exhibitions, it’s a tsunami,” claimed Alexis Brezet, the editor of France’s respected Le Figaro newspaper.
“Some of the exhibitions are excellent, but others are nondescript and do nothing more than surf on the magic of a great time.”
Fears are being raised that the new The Picasso Mediterranee project – which spreads across Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, Morocco, and Turkey – is merely a politically driven motive, a claim shared by Picasso’s son Claude.
He has now issued a warning that he fears some of his fathers most prestigious and fragile work may get damaged in transit.
“Many people expect to make discoveries that, at the end of the day, they do not make, and they are not satisfied with what is on offer.
“Among the exhibitions held, there is a load that are not necessary.”
- After Lavapies was crowned Spain’s coolest neighbourhood here are the top 10 other hip hoods worth a visit - 29 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- 9 Spanish Christmas traditions you don’t want to miss this year - 25 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Spain is least ‘culturally arrogant’ country in Europe but here are 10 reasons why you SHOULD say ‘Viva España!’ - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 18:00
- 10 things you may not know about Spain’s Michelin star chef Dani Garcia - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00
- More than 50% in Spain fear climate change is ‘threatening’ survival of human race - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 12:15
- Susana Diaz denies illegal funding of PSOE and refuses to apologise in fiery argument with PP - 9 Nov, 2018 @ 18:45
- Police officer ‘almost left blind’ receives 20 stitches after being smashed in face on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 9 Nov, 2018 @ 18:01
- Swedish member of Somali terror cell ‘Death Troops’ arrested in Spain’s Malaga - 9 Nov, 2018 @ 15:34
- Melanoma on the march in Spain says top dermatologist, as half of 65-year-olds suffer cancer - 4 Nov, 2018 @ 13:40
- THE LAST STRAW: EU clamps down on single-use plastics poisoning world’s oceans - 4 Nov, 2018 @ 10:50