MOROCCO is to host the 2018 Spanish Super Cup between Barcelona and Sevilla, making it the first cup match to be played outside of Spain.
The Tangier Stadium will host the Spanish heavy-weights on August 12 in their 45,000 seater stadium.
Sevilla’s Biris Norte Ultras and their main fan group Federacion de Penas Sevillistas San Fernando have announced that they will boycott the game.
The Spanish Super Cup is contested between the La Liga and Copa Del Rey champions and takes place before the start of the season.
Normally the final is played over two legs, both teams playing at each others stadium – this year it will only be played over one leg.
It comes after many teams are now choosing to play certain matches abroad: the Jacksonville Jaguars will play some their domestic American Football games in Wembley, London.
- MONKEYING AROUND: All you need to know about Gibraltar’s mischievous macaques - 9 Sep, 2018 @ 15:00
- Mayor of Algeciras claims Spanish town is now ‘migrant crisis epicentre’ - 27 Jul, 2018 @ 12:11
- Ryanair staff working under a ‘terror regime’ as strikes continue to affect Spain - 26 Jul, 2018 @ 11:19
- This years Spanish Super Cup final is to be played in… Morocco - 25 Jul, 2018 @ 17:09
- Spain’s new PP leader seeks to move the party ‘back to its roots’ - 25 Jul, 2018 @ 14:08
- GET SET FOR CLEARING: University of Gibraltar’s top tips for those who don’t get their predicted grades - 24 Jul, 2018 @ 14:03
- 60 people had to be evacuated from their homes following fire in Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:19
- BREAKING: Firefighters called in to tackle blaze on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 18:20
- Survivor of capsized migrant boat transferred to hospital in Spain - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 13:59
- Ryanair launches new campaign as passengers face flight cancellations in Spain - 20 Jul, 2018 @ 18:46