AN Irish teenager is in critical condition in hospital after plunging from a second-floor balcony in Mallorca yesterday morning.
18-year-old Padraig Morgan, from Belfast, has been left seriously injured after falling from Hotel Apartments Deya in Santa Ponsa at around 5.30am on Tuesday morning.
The teen was rushed to Son Espases hospital in Palma where he is believed to be in a ‘serious condition’ in intensive care, reported the Irish Sun.
It is understood that he has suffered spinal and hip injuries.
The goalkeeper for St James’ Swifts FC was on holiday with friends at the time of the incident.
It comes after three Brits died this year after falling from a walkway at the Eden Roc complex in Magaluf.
A 14-year-old Irish boy also tragically died in July after plunging 20 feet from a balcony from the Eix Lagotel in Playa de Muro.
- Spanish chef Dani Garcia to close Marbella restaurant after receiving third Michelin Star last month - 18 Dec, 2018 @ 13:41
- Miss Universe pays emotional tribute to its first ever transgender contestant from Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Downing street slams claims no-deal Brexit could shatter Brits’ holiday plans - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:11
- FOUND: Costa del Sol British expat missing for nearly two weeks found safe in UK - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:08
- Madrid bans old cars from city centre in CRACKDOWN on pollution - 16 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Banksy gets ‘Banksied’ as gallery in Spain exhibits art without his permission - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 16:00
- Spanish city to banish 5,000 pigeons for ‘driving away’ tourists - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Brits to pay €7 to travel to EU countries after Brexit - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 17:58
- Why a ‘new’ British vegan milk has outraged Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 17:37
- Let’s talk mental health: Why teenage suicide in UK and Spain is on the rise and what parents can do to help - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00