THE Costa del Sol has ranked first in a survey for destinations with the best hotel offers, receiving an average rating of 8.37 out of ten.
The survey conducted by Turismo Costa del Sol, evaluated eight popular tourist destinations in the Mediterranean, including the Balearic Islands and Algarve, on their hotel competitiveness based on price and customer evaluations.
The average price of a standard double room in the province of Málaga in June was 145.69 euros, which was the second highest average compared to other competing destinations.
Despite having more expensive rates, hotels in the Costa del Sol surpassed other locations in all categories of customer evaluation except one.
The Costa del Sol led the ratings in staff (8.76), cleanliness (8.72), comfort (8.25), services (8.13), and value (8.10). It only trailed behind the Balearic Islands and Costa Brava in location with a rating of 8.59.
“We have had a magnificent winter season, and are currently going through the summer season with very positive expectations,” said Elías Bendodo, the president of Turismo Costa del Sol.
- Princeton students reveal what it’s really like to work at the Costa del Sol’s Olive Press - 10 Sep, 2018 @ 21:57
- SPAIN’S ROBIN HOODS: Retracing the steps of famous Andalucian bandits who took from the rich and gave to the poor - 8 Sep, 2018 @ 15:00
- Caves of gypsies in Spain’s Sacromonte are home to all wanderers - 21 Aug, 2018 @ 09:00
- Vintage Warfare: Exploring the oldest foods in Madrid and Barcelona - 19 Aug, 2018 @ 17:00
- Visiting the tomb of Franco’s chief executioner in Sevilla, a city imbued with silent history - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 09:00
- PSOE to increase numbers of teachers in Andalucia - 12 Aug, 2018 @ 16:00
- Chelsea pays €71.6 million to Spain’s Athletic Bilbao for Kepa - 8 Aug, 2018 @ 14:38
- Costa del Sol tops the ranking for destinations with the best hotel offers - 2 Aug, 2018 @ 16:51
- Costa del Sol taxi drivers rally against Uber and Cabify - 28 Jul, 2018 @ 10:01
- The best official dog beaches in Spain’s Andalucia and Costa del Sol - 25 Jul, 2018 @ 17:34