A 101 cats have been rescued from a Malaga home.
The feline haul came following complaints from neighbours of a ‘foul smell’ and ‘endless howling’ at night.
Grupona agents raided the home just north of the city to find dozens of cats crammed into a courtyard of 12sqm.
The house had been divided into two, with the owner, 37, saying he thought he only had around 45 pets.
The dweller said he began housing cats which started breeding but he felt too bad to get rid of them, adding that things had ‘gotten out of hand’.
Police said the dweller was likely suffering from Noah Syndrome, which burdens sufferers with a need to horde animals.
The cats had to be removed in three separate rescue missions, with all 101 being taken to the Zoosanitary Centre.
A police investigation is underway given the poor treatment of the felines.
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22