OVER 60 tourists have been sent to hospital with gastroenteritis following a stay at a Costa del Sol hotel over the past three weeks.
Hotel MarConfort in Torremolinos claim the outbreak could be due to dirty water tanks collecting bacteria at the Hospital Maritimo next door.
It comes after the hotel received a wave of complaints with holidaymakers suffering symptoms of vomiting, diarrhea and fever, since July 20.
The hotel has called for an investigation to determine whether the water tanks are the cause of the nasty sickness.
- Brits to pay €7 to travel to EU countries after Brexit - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 17:58
- Why a ‘new’ British vegan milk has outraged Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 17:37
- Let’s talk mental health: Why teenage suicide in UK and Spain is on the rise and what parents can do to help - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- Spain SLAMMED by US official for making ‘no effort’ to return Nazi-looted art from WW2 - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- British government accused of not protecting expats and EU citizens’ rights as no-deal Brexit ‘still a possibility’ - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:07
- Desperate wife of British expat who mysteriously vanished from Costa del Sol FOUR days ago reveals more details as search continues - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 12:41
- Taxi driver who raped British tourist on Costa del Sol sentenced to seven years in prison - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 11:38
- MISSING: Fears for British expat who disappeared from Spain’s Costa del Sol two days ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 12:32
- BREAKING: Body found in search for missing British expat in Spain - 4 Dec, 2018 @ 14:35
- Spanish cave art reveals humans used stars to tell time 40,000 years ago - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00