The 29-year-old, will remain behind bars after he allegedly fired at cops during an altercation in Estepona on Friday.
It came after the suspect’s mother and brother reported the suspect for threatening her while on drugs.
Several police units attended the home on Avenida de Los Reales, where the young man had barricaded himself in.
He only allowed his brother and mother in, who, it was hoped, would calm him down.
But police were forced to barge in when they heard the mother begging him to ‘drop the knife’.
The suspect pushed a bookshelf onto a Policia Nacional officer before firing a gun which he had concealed.
The bullet fired between two policemen’s heads, went out the door and through the open door of the neighbour’s house, before passing them in their living room and hitting a glass on their terrace.
Luckily no one was injured.
The suspect is now being investigated for the crimes of attempted murder and illegal possession of weapons.
The firearm and three machetes were also seized in the raid.
He is being held without bail.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16