TWO more ambulances and several police vehicles are now on the scene of a fire in a Costa del Sol apartment block.
Incendio en Edificio Maicandil
Geplaatst door Manilva Ws op Woensdag 15 augustus 2018
Several people are being rescued from a balcony after a fire allegedly broke out in the maintenance room on the ground floor.
It is believed to have caused smoke to fill the stairwell of the entire block and the top floor apartment.
Witnesses claim residents became trapped on their balcony and began screaming for help before firefighters arrived with a cherry picker.
The fire is believed to have been brought under control and Guardia Civil have left the scene.
People are being treated at the scene but no one is believed to be seriously injured.
The building, Edificio Maicandil, is the tallest in Sabinillas and is just metres from the beach.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22