A POPULAR beach club has burnt to the ground this morning.
Bere Bere chiringuito in Torre del Mar has been ‘completely destroyed’ after a fire broke out in the kitchen.
Three firefighters rushed to the scene and were able to put out the flames before 10am.
Me lo acaban de mandar #BEREBERE ardiendo ufffff
Geplaatst door Eugenio Martinez op Donderdag 16 augustus 2018
However it was too late for the club, which is known as one of the most popular in Malaga, being ideally located next to high profile events like the Weekend Beach Festival.
The tragedy began when a fryer caught fire in the kitchen.
A guard tried to put it out with an extinguisher but it had spread too quickly.
A small explosion saw the whole building become engulfed in flames.
Thick black smoke could be seen from miles away.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22