A MANHUNT is underway to locate a suspected tourist who punched a pensioner to death on the Costa del Sol.
Mario Sauco, 65, died on Monday after spending 10 days in a coma.
The Argentinian expat had been punched once in the back of the head while walking home after an evening out with a friend in Fuengirola.
The father-of-three fell and cracked his skull on the pavement.
A witness managed to take a blurred photo of the attacker before he fled the scene.
The family has launched a campaign on social media to help track him down.
The unprovoked attack happened at 11.40pm on Calle Victor de la Serna, just 100 metres from the victim’s home, where he has lived for almost 20 years.
According to witnesses, the alleged assailant, a middle-aged man of strong build who was wearing a red shirt, was following Mario down the street and baiting him, but the family don’t know why.
The twisted assailant tried to encourage Mario to get up for a fight but the expat was unresponsive.
A witness photographed the attacker on his mobile phone, causing him to flee the scene.
Although the image is not clear, it appears to be someone not known in the Los Boliches or Fuengirola area.
Locals suspect it could be someone passing through, most likely a tourist.
His daughter Analia said: “My father was a kind being, with a great heart who gave his life for us and worshiped his four grandchildren.
“We just want this guy to show his face and not be a coward.”
The family only found out about the attack the next morning when they received a call from the Carlos Haya hospital.
- Direct Malaga to NEW YORK flights available from May 2019 - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 18:20
- Expats pay tribute to Marbella businessman ‘linked to TOWIE stars and Mohamed Al-Fayed’ after he was brutally gunned down on doorstep - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 14:03
- Marbella shooting victim identified as high profile Costa del Sol businessman behind Linekers - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 18:30
- WARNING: Orange alerts for SNOW, wind and strong waves across Spain and Andalucia this week - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 14:59
- Expat appears in court after shooting and killing boy, 4, during hunt in Spain’s Andalucia - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 12:45
- Man shot to death inside his Bentley on Spain’s Costa del Sol in latest mafia hit - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 11:26
- Malaga law firm secures regulation from the Ministry of Justice after winning more than €1 million back from timeshare giants last year - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 18:22
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22