A LEFT-wing politician has been found brutally murdered in Spain.
Izquierda Unida councillor Javier Ardines, 52, was found next to his van, some 150 metres from his home by a dog walker at 8am yesterday.
The body, which is said to have significant injuries, has been transferred to the Institute of Legal Medicine for an autopsy.
Police say his death, in the town of Llanes in Asturias, was violent after discovering severe head injuries not consistent with a fall.
The dogwalker found the body lying in the middle of the road with the door of Ardines’s nearby van left wide open.
His wife and two children are said to be in a state of shock and have ‘no idea’ of who would want to harm the family man.
The autopsy results are expected today.
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16