A 34-YEAR-OLD man has died after being shot this morning on the Costa del Sol.
The victim was arriving at his home, in the El Campanario urbanisation in Estepona, when he was shot multiple times at around 3.40am.
Residents alerted police and emergency services after they heard gunshots at the apartment complex next to a golf course.
Policia Nacional officers found the man’s lifeless body when they arrived at the scene, which showed numerous gunshot wounds.
His identity has not yet been revealed.
Officials believe the victim was attacked by one person who was waiting for him to arrive home.
Currently the only clue officials have is that the assailant, who covered his face with a balaclava, escaped from the scene on a bicycle.
This is the second incident of its kind to take place on the Costa del Sol in the last 48 hours.
On Friday a Swedish man was killed, while another had been kidnapped and tortured in Mijas.
Neighbours in Mijas alerted officials after they heard a fight break out in an apartment in an urbanisation in the town.
Officers arrived to find two people tied up with numerous gun and stab wounds – one of which died shortly after, while the other was taken to hospital in a critical condition.
Hours later three people aged 20, 24 and 27, also from Sweden, were arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder of two people.
They were found heading to the port of Algeciras in a bid to escape to Morocco.
The investigation continues.
- Man arrested on Costa del Sol for robbing computer shop dressed as unicorn - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 13:46
- More frustrating setbacks in rescue of little Julen, 2, as desperate mission reaches NINTH day in Malaga - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 12:58
- Spain to invest €235 billion to tackle climate change over next decade - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:41
- Twins, 4, going blind set to see leading eye specialist in a bid to save sight but STILL need your help - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 16:23
- WHAT ABOUT US?: British expats on Costa del Sol slam UK government for ‘ignoring’ them in Brexit dealings - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Andalucia’s Cadiz makes The New York Times’ top holiday destination list - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 10:07
- Meet the British expat stars of Channel 5’s Costa del Sol hit show ‘Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun’ - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 11:00
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00