A TOURIST has been rescued on the Costa del Sol having been trapped in a cave for almost two days without food or water.
The 23-year-old German man was on holiday in Mijas when he got lost hiking in Rancho de la Paz – an area with many caves and peaks.
The holidaymaker had told his roommate he was going to take photos of the area the morning of August 19 but when he didn’t return the following day he alerted officials.
Guardia Civil officers found the young man after crawling through various caves and heard cries from a person deep inside.
It is believed he fell into the cave through a small hole in the ground and could not get out alone.
The tourist spent more than 36 hours trapped without water, food, or warm clothes.
Although he was found weak and disoriented, the man did not suffer any serious injuries.
- Man arrested on Costa del Sol for robbing computer shop dressed as unicorn - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 13:46
- More frustrating setbacks in rescue of little Julen, 2, as desperate mission reaches NINTH day in Malaga - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 12:58
- Spain to invest €235 billion to tackle climate change over next decade - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:41
- Twins, 4, going blind set to see leading eye specialist in a bid to save sight but STILL need your help - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 16:23
- WHAT ABOUT US?: British expats on Costa del Sol slam UK government for ‘ignoring’ them in Brexit dealings - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Andalucia’s Cadiz makes The New York Times’ top holiday destination list - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 10:07
- Meet the British expat stars of Channel 5’s Costa del Sol hit show ‘Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun’ - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 11:00
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00