A BRITISH expat mother who was found dead on a Marbella beach drowned, an inquest has heard.
Rebecca Muldoon, 35, disappeared from the Costa del Sol on January 2, sparking appeals from her family and friends.
Her lifeless body was found washed up in Marbella on January 14.
An inquest which began today at Essex Coroner’s Court heard how Rebecca, originally from Southend, died due to asphyxia by submersion – commonly known as drowning.
After Rebecca’s body was found, her sister, Sabrina Foakes, said: “Twinx always did right by her children and that’s what she did even until the very end. She was an easy going girl, who everyone loved.
“Everyone has their own memory of her and that will live on.”
Rebecca’s husband, Paul Muldoon, 35, had been arrested the day before her disappearance at their penthouse flat over allegations of domestic abuse.
Neighbours had allegedly heard screaming and arguing coming from the home.
He was later released after his wife failed to attend a hearing to give evidence against him.
Police confirmed Muldoon was still in custody when his wife went missing.
At the inquest today, the coroner’s officer said: “On January 14 a body was found washed up on the beach.
“Police confirmed the body was Rebecca Muldoon by the use of dental records.
“A forensic postmortem carried out in Spain concluded the cause of death was asphyxia by submersion.”
A full inquest will take place on January 29.
Essex Senior Coroner Caroline Beasley-Murray requested copies of the postmortem, as well as a copy of Essex Police’s investigation ahead of the full inquest.
- What do King Solomon, Andalucia’s Rio Tinto mines, NASA and Mars have in common? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:44
- HAPPY RETURN: How British expats in Spain can plan for retirement back in Britain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 17:44
- SCAM ALERT: Pensioners claim British conwoman tried to coax them from bus stop into ‘fake shuttle’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 16:22
- WATCH: Terrifying moment HUGE spitting COBRA acosts workers at port in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:54
- WATCH: Vile video shows SEWAGE flowing onto popular beach in southern Spain - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 13:47
- Little Julen and family pictured amid reports rescuers have found DNA - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:38
- Police in Spain rescue young man attempting to jump off Ronda bridge - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15