Currently, only priority boarding passengers can bring two bags into the cabin for free, while non-priority passengers can take one small bag into the cabin and have a second bag put in the hold for free.
If you already wanted to check in a second bag, the change will mean you’ll be able to pay £8 for a bag up of to 10kg instead of the usual £25 for a bag of up to 20kg.
If you did not plan for a second bag, non-priority passengers will have to either pay the extra £6 for priority boarding (£8 if you choose to add this to your booking later), or pay £8 to get it checked into the hold – or just stick with one small bag.
The changes will take effect even if you have already booked your flight – meaning you will have to fork out the extra for your second bag from November onwards.
The airline put the change down to the number of people turning up at the gate with a second bag to place in the hold for free, which they say can cause delays of approximately 25 minutes.
Ryanair’s Kenny Jacobs said: “From November 2018, we are introducing a new lower cost 10kg checked bag and changing our carry-on bag policy to eliminate boarding/flight delays.
“Priority Boarding customers will continue to enjoy two free carry-on bags. All other (non-priority) customers will be allowed one free (small) carry-on bag, and those who wish to check in a second bigger 10kg bag can do from €/£8 at the time of booking.
“This new policy will speed up the boarding and cut flight delays. 60% of customers will be unaffected by these changes and we expect that the other 40% will either choose to buy Priority Boarding or a 10kg check bag or will choose to travel with only one (free) small bag as 30% already do so today.”
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16