A BRITISH woman who was missing for almost seven weeks on the Costa del Sol has been found safe after having all her belongings stolen.
Family have revealed to the Olive Press that Marie McManus, 42, from Manchester – who had not been heard from since July 15 – was found ‘sleeping rough’ in Marbella at the weekend.
Brother Declan McManus, 35, told the Olive Press that his sister had been uncontactable after someone stole her cash, cards, mobile and passport.
“She was sleeping rough after having all her belongings stolen but now hoping for the best… no idea who robbed her.
“I believe that she had a couple of nights in hostels but the most part sleeping on the street,” he added.
Declan added that Marie, who works in hospitality, is now looking for a job on the Costa del Sol.
“We set her up in a hostel for a couple of weeks, gave her money and a phone to keep in touch.
“She’s looking for anything really I think – bar work,” he added.
It comes after relatives flew to Malaga on Thursday night to look for Marie around Fuengirola, Torremolinos, Benalmadena among other areas, in a bid to find Marie who had last been seen at a hotel in Torremolinos on July 8.
But the worried family had heard nothing since a phone conversation with her mother on July 15 and issued an appeal to find Marie.
Declan shared the happy news on Facebook on Friday and wrote: “FOUND HER!!!
“Absolutely overcome with happiness and emotion with all the well wishes from everyone of my family, friends and the share’ees! Words cannot say how we feel! Thank you all so so much”.
Anyone who can offer Marie work please get in touch with the Olive Press through Facebook or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Man arrested on Costa del Sol for robbing computer shop dressed as unicorn - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 13:46
- More frustrating setbacks in rescue of little Julen, 2, as desperate mission reaches NINTH day in Malaga - 22 Jan, 2019 @ 12:58
- Spain to invest €235 billion to tackle climate change over next decade - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:41
- Twins, 4, going blind set to see leading eye specialist in a bid to save sight but STILL need your help - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 16:23
- WHAT ABOUT US?: British expats on Costa del Sol slam UK government for ‘ignoring’ them in Brexit dealings - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 14:15
- Andalucia’s Cadiz makes The New York Times’ top holiday destination list - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 10:07
- Meet the British expat stars of Channel 5’s Costa del Sol hit show ‘Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun’ - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 11:00
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00