A BRITISH woman who was missing for almost seven weeks on the Costa del Sol has been found safe after having all her belongings stolen.
Family have revealed to the Olive Press that Marie McManus, 42, from Manchester – who had not been heard from since July 15 – was found ‘sleeping rough’ in Marbella at the weekend.
Brother Declan McManus, 35, told the Olive Press that his sister had been uncontactable after someone stole her cash, cards, mobile and passport.
“She was sleeping rough after having all her belongings stolen but now hoping for the best… no idea who robbed her.
“I believe that she had a couple of nights in hostels but the most part sleeping on the street,” he added.
Declan added that Marie, who works in hospitality, is now looking for a job on the Costa del Sol.
“We set her up in a hostel for a couple of weeks, gave her money and a phone to keep in touch.
“She’s looking for anything really I think – bar work,” he added.
It comes after relatives flew to Malaga on Thursday night to look for Marie around Fuengirola, Torremolinos, Benalmadena among other areas, in a bid to find Marie who had last been seen at a hotel in Torremolinos on July 8.
But the worried family had heard nothing since a phone conversation with her mother on July 15 and issued an appeal to find Marie.
Declan shared the happy news on Facebook on Friday and wrote: “FOUND HER!!!
“Absolutely overcome with happiness and emotion with all the well wishes from everyone of my family, friends and the share’ees! Words cannot say how we feel! Thank you all so so much”.
Anyone who can offer Marie work please get in touch with the Olive Press through Facebook or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet the British expat stars of Channel 5’s new hit show ‘Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun’ - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 11:00
- Caged ISIS terrorist was planning to bomb popular fair on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jan, 2019 @ 14:48
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25
- EXCLUSIVE: World’s first carnivore retreat is coming to Spain’s Andalucia - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00