A BRITON has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a young man fell to his death from a balcony in Gibraltar this morning.
The unnamed 43 year old, who is a resident of the Rock, was cuffed today after Aaron Michael Buckley, 25, fell to his death at around 3am.
Buckley died upon impact after falling ‘from an upper balcony’ at Eurotowers, a Royal Gibraltar Police statement said today.
In an appeal for more witnesses, it said: “This investigation is now a murder enquiry, and detectives have arrested a 43yr old British man resident in Gibraltar on suspicion of murder.
“No other persons are being sought in connection with this investigation.”
It added: “Our witness appeal issued this morning continues, and police are keen to speak to anyone:
“Who may have witnessed the incident.
“Residing in the area of Eurotowers who may have seen or heard anything at the time of the incident or just prior to or after the incident.
“Who may have been passing by the area of Eurotowers, either at the time of the incident or just prior of after the incident.”
Anyone with information should call 0035020072500.
More to follow…
- BREAKING: Body of little Julen found in Malaga well - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 13:24
- Police confirm little Julen IS inside the Malaga well after DNA found on fourth day of search - 16 Jan, 2019 @ 12:59
- ‘He loves his tricycle’: Neighbours describe ‘friendly’ toddler Julen and his family’s history of heartbreak as search for tot in Malaga well continues - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 19:35
- Drilling expert claims it’s ‘almost impossible’ for little Julen to have fallen down Malaga well as builder claims he sealed up hole just WEEKS ago - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 18:15
- HEART-WRENCHING: Parents of trapped boy have slept next to Malaga well since Sunday and are ‘dead inside’ as rescue attempt enters THIRD day - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 14:22
- WATCH: ISIS terrorist cuffed in popular British expat hotspot on Spain’s Costa del Sol was ‘ready to attack’ after taking deadly oath - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 13:15
- British expats in Spain should get Spanish driving licences ASAP, UK government Brexit memo warns - 15 Jan, 2019 @ 11:50
- Fears grow for boy, 2, trapped down Malaga well for over 18 hours as desperate rescue attempt continues - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- WATCH: Two fuming drivers stop cars to BRAWL among traffic on Marbella’s Golden Mile - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 17:15
- WATCH: Dolphins’ fins MUTILATED by boats and fishing nets as BBC series filmed off coast of southern Spain reveals their numbers have HALVED - 9 Jan, 2019 @ 12:50