A BRITISH gangster slayed in a shoot-out in Estepona has been identified.
Sean Hercules – who goes by the name Shacker – from Leeds, was shot dead by police after he pulled out a gun outside his hotel in Cancelada.
The 39-year-old crook, who had convictions for drug trafficking and firearms offences, fired at police as they came to arrest him at the Autosole Aparthotel at 5pm on Monday.
The father of at least one daughter, who was convicted for nine years but served four for a post office robbery, was shot down on the pavement with another two guns and four cartridges in his pockets.
Another two guns were reportedly found in his bedroom.
Police had spent two hours urgently searching for the criminal, after he was seen fleeing a traffic accident armed in Puerto Banus earlier in the day.
Eventually he was spotted acting suspiciously and followed back to his hotel by a routine patrol.
He was declared dead at the scene and his body was not removed until a judge arrived at 7pm.
“Officers came under fire when they went to arrest him and were obliged to use their weapons to repel the attack, resulting in death,” said a spokesman for the Policia Nacional.
“Two firearms and four cartridges were found next to the British man,” he added.
The incident is currently under investigation.
Hercules previously faced a charge of attempted murder in the UK after leaving a man with more than 250 gunshot pellets in his body.
He pleaded guilty to wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life and possessing a prohibited weapon.
- Wanted British expat launches metal bench at police officer while being arrested for drug trafficking in Marbella - 14 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- EXCLUSIVE: As Dani Garcia’s Michelin-starred restaurant shuts, top chef spills beans on what Michelin Guide really look for - 12 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- First day of Ryanair Spain strike CALLED OFF today - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 14:32
- TV show Bargain Loving Brits in the Sun returns to small screen this week with new Costa del Sol series - 8 Jan, 2019 @ 12:25
- Spanish government furious after PP party post video on Twitter ‘wishing’ Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to die - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 13:54
- Thousands of Ryanair travellers could be left stranded as three-day strike in Spain starts TOMORROW - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 12:11
- Spain rescues more than 500 migrants over Three Kings weekend - 7 Jan, 2019 @ 11:25
- EXCLUSIVE: World’s first carnivore retreat is coming to Spain’s Andalucia - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- EXCLUSIVE: Seriously ill Brit spent Christmas and New Year locked up with terrorists in southern Spain and has STILL not been charged with crime - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 10:01
- Extreme-right party Vox ‘will not support’ Partido Popular and Ciudadanos in Andalucia government unless gender violence law revoked - 3 Jan, 2019 @ 18:55