HEAVY rains have caused devastating damage in the small village of RioFrio Granada in the Loja district of Andalucia.
Famous for it’s fish farms and trout fishing, the local Frio River and the Salado River have overflowed in a 15 minute downpour flash flood, dragging numerous vehicles and trees along its path.
The most affected area was the RioFrio square in which many of the restaurants are located.
It has left many homes flooded and caused serious damage to the town’s Roman bridge.
Members of the Civil Protection and Local Police have worked together with firemen and personnel of the City Council of Loja to try and ensure safety for the locals.
The local major of Loja has announced he will hold a meeting on Monday for all the affected to attend.
If you have any further information, images or videos please email email@example.com
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16