SEVERAL police cars have rushed to the scene of a shooting on Estepona’s promenade.
At least six Policia Nacional vehicles are on the scene on Avenida de Espana after reports of several gunshots.
Police have placed around 13 orange cones on the ground, believed to highlight shell casings.
Dozens of locals and expats were seen running and locking themselves into restaurants.
While there were reports of two suspects being chased, one witness told the Olive Press: “We were driving away from Estepona towards Cancelada.
“As we passed the beach we heard shooting.
“We were then overtaken by a grey BMW X5 at speed heading in the same direction as us!”
“It was crazy,” another British expat said, “People were in a panic and started running into restaurants.”
“It was terrifying,” she said, “we had no idea what was happening, we’ve all got memories of what happened in Paris and Barcelona, we thought it might have been a terrorist attack.”
“I thought it was fake then I saw everyone running, it was insane.”
Police have yet to comment.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16