FOR Malaga you could say it’s the most wonderful time of the year – and it’s fast approaching!
Details are sketchy but authorities have revealed they are planning the city’s Christmas celebrations, which draw tens of thousands of visitors each year.
As is tradition, the celebrations will begin on the last Friday of November, this year that’s the 30th.
There will, of course, be a fiesta on Calle Larios, but the exact details have yet to be released.
But there are also talks of holding performances and events in other parts of the city, not just in the Plaza de la Constitucion.
The much-anticipated lights, which have taken up a fame of their own across Spain, will naturally be making a return.
The Cordoba-based company responsible, Illuminaciones Ximenez, will once again take on the job of lighting up Malaga.
This year’s design is being kept firmly under wraps.
There are 12 weeks until Christmas.
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23