A BRUTALLY murdered body has been discovered in Algeciras just hours after a shootout and alleged kidnapping on the Costa del Sol.
The body had several stab wounds which make it clear it was a homicide, but Policia Nacional are trying to decipher any strong links to last night’s incident.
Given the geographical proximity and the modus operandi of the murder, which police say was typical of the ‘settling of scores’ among gangs, agents are working with the hypothesis that it could be the victim of last night’s kidnapping.
However they stressed the investigation is still in its very early stages and that nothing has been confirmed.
It comes after the Olive Press was the first to report the gunshots outside Mr Noodles in Estepona last night.
At least nine shots were fired, sparking a panic and seeing locals and expats run for their lives.
More to follow…
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23