GUNSHOTS fired on the Costa del Sol tonight are believed to have been part of a kidnapping.
Witnesses say that between two to four hooded men approached a man who was dining at a restaurant on Estepona’s promenade – believed to be Mr Noodles – at around 10.45pm.
According to sources cited by Diario Sur, the man made a run for it as the kidnappers gave chase while shooting at him.
They allegedly caught up with him at the door of a restaurant on Plaza de Ortiz, where witnesses say they beat him up and bashed him over the head with the butt of a gun.
It was then that a BMW X5 vehicle pulled up before the man was bundled inside.
The reports come after a witness told the Olive Press he saw the same car speeding past them after hearing gunshots.
The British expat told the Olive Press: “We were driving away from Estepona towards Cancelada.
“As we passed the beach we heard shooting.
“We were then overtaken by a grey BMW X5 at speed heading in the same direction as us!”
The shooting caused mass panic and a stampede in the seaside town.
Expats and locals locked themselves inside bars and restaurants fearing it might have been a terrorist attack.
But according to sources, everything thus far indicates that it was a kidnapping and part of a settling of scores.
Policia Nacional are still investigating and nothing has been ruled out or confirmed.
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23