THE victim of the Estepona kidnapping has been identified as a young Spaniard.
The 29-year-old, whose name has not been released, had a history of drugs and tobacco smuggling.
His body was found in Algeciras just hours after the dramatic kidnapping, first reported by the Olive Press.
Police have confirmed that the corpse, which had been stabbed to death before being dumped, is that of the man who was bundled into the BMW X5 outside Mr Noodles in Estepona.
At around half past midnight, Algeciras received a call saying there was a dead body on the ground next to Calle Santa Teresa and in front of Punta Europa hospital.
Police tried to revive him but he was already dead.
The victim’s appearance and tattoos matched witness statements from the kidnapping just two hours prior, leaving police convinced it is the same person.
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23
- SHAMEFUL: Spain loses €90 BILLION per year due to corruption while UK among LEAST corrupt in EU, study reveals - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 14:59
- Leading Irish Kinahan mafia member falls to death from Marbella hotel in ‘accident’ - 9 Dec, 2018 @ 16:08
- Spain’s Mallorca must ‘turn away from British market’ to survive no-deal Brexit, business leaders warn - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 13:40
- Bullfighting ‘returning to Marbella’ despite being BANNED three years ago - 6 Dec, 2018 @ 17:25
- Rise of the right in Spain’s Andalucia could make life for British expats more difficult, expert warns - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 16:16