AT LEAST 12 people have now died in the Mallorca floods, as rescue workers recover the body of a missing German couple.
The pair, both in their sixties, died together as the Ford Focus they were travelling in was swept away by the torrent of water devastating Mallorca.
Spain’s Civil Guard found a mobile phone in the vehicle used to contact a friend who notified emergency services.
A boy, 5, may be the 13th victim of this natural disaster, as emergency services have confirmed he is still missing.
As well as the human cost, Mallorca Council estimates the damage to roads and bridges totals at least €29 million.
Emergency services continue their search and civilian volunteers have now been included in operations.
More to follow…
- WATCH: ‘Narco terrorists’ BOMB Marbella carwash and are then arrested in Sweden - 14 Dec, 2018 @ 14:17
- ORANGE ALERT: Balearics and Andalucia on standby for strong winds and rain tomorrow while snow predicted across Spain - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 15:15
- Body found in hunt for missing British tourist Nixon Smith who was mugged in Spain before missing flight home - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 11:34
- Specsavers and Plastic Free Seas charity join forces on Costa del Sol for mammoth beach clean up - 13 Dec, 2018 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: Round-up of Costa del Sol’s best Christmas lights in 2018 - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:13
- BREXIT: British applications for Spanish citizenship soar 232% as Theresa May faces no-confidence vote - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:21
- Police free pregnant teen sold by parents for €8,000 to Romanian family in Spain’s Andalucia - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:50
- Kinahan mafia member who plunged to death from Marbella hotel balcony ‘took his own life’, police say - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 16:40
- REVEALED: Over half Spain’s 66 most dangerous bridges in Andalucia government says - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 15:03
- DRUG BUST: Civil servant who led multi-million euro drug empire between Spain’s Costa del Sol and Morocco one of 57 arrested - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 11:53