THE Oktoberfest festival at Bar Allioli, in Jimera de Libar, will kick off this Saturday.
Music is planned from 1pm until 11pm and there are three bands playing at the unique hangout by the train station in the pretty mountain town, near Ronda.
Sticky and the Poorboys who played the first festival are reforming especially for this event.
Meanwhile, getting everyone up dancing will be Mitad Doble from Malaga, playing Ska, reggae and Rumbas, while the Coven from Algeciras will play an hour Beatles songs and other rock classics.
Between the bands Jochen Janz will be getting everyone into Oktoberfest mood with typical German beer songs while catering company Dianez will be making sure nobody goes hungry.
Bar Allioli, owned by British expat Paul Darwent and wife Synnove, will be running the bar and there will be at least five draught beers.
On top of this there will be more than 30 different bottled beers available.
Bar Allioli specialises in international beers and in the bar is a small museum with a collection of 600 bottled beers. It always has a big selection available.
On the Sunday there is the Hangover Party, with a sausage BBQ and more music.
The Jake Levinson band are starting their tour of Spain here and closing the afternoon is local band Equis.
The festival attracts people from all over and especially from San Roque and Algeciras as you can arrive on the train and get back easily later.
Manilva town hall also organises a bus excursion.
Further details from Allioli@usa.net or 606 692 753
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01
- How a Welsh expat made her dreams of owning a Costa del Sol estate agency come true - 2 Dec, 2018 @ 18:58