Hurricane Leslie is currently on a trajectory towards the gulf of Cadiz, according to the Miami Hurricane Centre, and could land in the next two days.
Spain’s weather agency AEMET has announced that the most recent forecasts about the progression of Leslie, located in the center of the Atlantic Ocean, has changed in the last few hours.
Its projectory has switched from landing in Portugal to hitting the gulf of Cadiz by Sunday.
AEMET had said the information provided by the National Administration of the Oceans and the Atmosphere of the US Government (NOAA) and the Hurricane Center of Miami left two possible scenarios.
“Leslie, already weakened, will go to the Gulf of Cádiz or turn towards the Canary Islands,” it previously said.
The latest forecast is a 50 – 70% probability that Leslie will reach the Gulf of Cadiz in the coming days as a tropical storm with winds of more than 70 kilometers per hour.
AEMET has not yet issued a warning as the forecast is still ‘uncertain’.
- Construction giant to build 700 homes in Mijas in €23 million investment - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 20:37
- British expat pensioners from southern Spain caged AGAIN after allegedly trying to smuggle €2 million cocaine haul on cruise ship - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 19:31
- POLL SHOCKER: Far-right Vox party could form government if Spain held general election tomorrow - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 16:04
- Spain accused of breaching maritime laws after shadowing British nuclear submarine as it left Gibraltar on secret mission - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:57
- Spain and UK to push through reciprocal deal for expat voting rights before Brexit - 17 Dec, 2018 @ 12:36
- REVEALED: What’s really behind the surge in ‘narco terrorism’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol as record €100 million cash and 40 tonnes of drugs seized - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 15:36
- COLD FRONT: Yellow weather warning for strong winds in Malaga TOMORROW while snow predicted across Spain - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 12:30
- PEED OFF: Dog walkers on Costa del Sol to be FINED for not cleaning up pet’s urine in new crackdown - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:55
- WARNING: Police in Spain ramping up roadside alcohol and drug checkpoints THIS WEEK - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 18:02
- WATCH: Truck DESTROYS archway entry of urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 16:23